Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I have tried alot of reflective clothing to keep myself safe on a bike when riding at night and I have been astounded at the number of people cycling at night while wearing dark clothing with only a single reflector or blinking red light on the back. Often the excuse that motorists supply after hitting a cyclist is that they never saw them. Unfortunately while these cyclists continue to dressed like they are about carry out a secret raid for a government agency, I am inclined to believe the motorist.

So far, the best piece of clothing that I have seen on the roads in the dark wet Scottish nights has been these Yellow HiVis Trousers.

I believe that they were being worn by a guy leaving his job at Glasgow Airport but they were unmissable due to the reflective strips on the legs moving as he pedaled. He also had a HiVis jacket on but the first thing that caught my eye was the reflective strips on the legs.

I doubt they are very durable, but for £8.50, you are lit up like a police car.

No comments: