Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Gilbert and Sullivan for the Unix Admin

I am the very model of a modern systems ad - a - min
I install service packs after I get a backup in.

Or (pinched after a quick google)

i am the very model of a modern Unix Sysadmin,
I've information relevant to programs in slash usr bin,
I know the tricks of emacs and the vi bugs historical,
From a to ZZ upper case, in order categorical;
I'm very well acquainted too with matters of the interface,
I understand commands of pine, and how they hurt the human race.
About the pico editor I'm teeming with a lot o' bosh -
With many cheerful facts of how it's dumber than a Macintosh.

Everyone:

With many cheerful facts of how it's dumber than a Macintosh.

Unix Sysadmin:

I'm very good at showing users how to pick the best of tools,
I know I should avoid the nerds who hang out in the vestibules;
In short, in matters relevant to programs in slash usr bin,
I am the very model of a modern Unix Sysadmin.

Everyone:

In short, in matters relevant to programs in slash usr bin,
He is the very model of a modern Unix Sysadmin.

No comments: